Stephen Avenue Walk is closed to vehicles from 6 am to 6 pm daily. Learn more about vehicle access passes if you need access between these times. We do not issues parking permits for Stephen Avenue Walk, access passes are for pickup/drop off only, AND NO ACCESS BETWEEN 10:30AM - 2PM. Applications MUST be submitted a minimum of one (10) business days prior to the pickup/drop off date.
Vehicle Access Permits for Stephen Avenue Walk
The Calgary Downtown Association operates and maintains Stephen Avenue Walk (referring to 8 Avenue SW from 3 Street SW to 1 Street SE) on behalf of the City of Calgary.
According to the Stephen Avenue Mall Bylaw "When any person, group, firm or corporation wishes to carry on any activity, render service, or sell or advertise for sale or setup or make any display on the Mall, application for permission to do so shall be made to the CDA."
All funds generated from permits go back into the beautification, programming and maintenance of Stephen Avenue and Barclay Mall.
Applications MUST be submitted a minimum of one (1) week prior to the pickup/drop off date.
VEHICLE ACCESS PERMITS
Stephen Avenue Walk is closed to vehicle traffic from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM daily unless you have a Vehicle Access Permit (VAP).
- Vehicle access permits allow for a 20 minute drop-off period only
- Vehicle access permits DO NOT allow for driving between the hours of 10:30AM - 2:00PM
- Vehicle access permits are NOT valid during City of Calgary snow removal
Back alley access/loading docks do not require a permit.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Merchants and Vendors on Stephen Avenue Walk
- Delivery companies with customers on Stephen Avenue Walk
- Events that need to set up on Stephen Avenue Walk
- Construction/Services on Stephen Avenue Walk
NOTE: Stephen Avenue Walk does NOT include the Olympic Plaza/Burns Building Block (200 8th Ave SE). Please contact 3-1-1 or 403-268-2489 if you are outside Calgary, to request a permit for this block.
To obtain a vehicle access permit or for more information please submit your request: