With free street parking after 6 pm and on Sundays, and reduced rates evenings and weekends in parkades, it's a breeze to park downtown (really!)
Downtown Parking is Cheap. And Easy.
We are not even kidding you.
Click here to search for parking downtown
Update: On Canada Day (July 1st) on-street parking, as well as 6 of the 7 downtown parkades operated by the Calgary Parking Authority will be free. Free parkades include James Short, City Centre, City Hall, Centennial, McDougall, and the Convention Centre parkade. Parking will NOT be free at the Arts Common parkade. More information here.
Downtown Calgary has parking for every budget – you just have to time it right. Avoid corporate business hours and you can park cheap or free. Spots are easy to find on evenings and weekends too.
Some options are:
- Free street parking after 6:00pm every day
- Free street parking on Sundays (all day) at over 3,000 spots
- $5 flat rate evening rate at Arts Commons (formerly EPCOR Centre)
- Lower evening rates from as little as $2.00 in parkades and surface lots, starting at 6:00 pm on weekdays
- $8 lunch deal plus $3 evenings and weekend underground parking at Eau Claire Market
- Discount available for smaller vehicles
- Car2Go vehicles park in ParkPlus stalls for no additional cost (included in Car2Go membership fees) [PDF link to rules]
- $5.00 Fridays starting at 11am at select CPA Lots
- Free Valet Parking at the CORE Shopping Centre
- Cheap Parking in Downtown Calgary blog post
- 8 things you didn't know about parking in Downtown Calgary blog post
- Park at The CORE
- Park at Banker's Hall
- Park at the Bay
- Park at Eighth Avenue Place (Evenings & weekends just $2)
- Park at the Bow Tower
- Park For Less with the CPA
- Discover ParkPlus
- Snow Route Parking Ban Information
- Business Directory
- Calgary Parking Authority (CPA)
- Standard Parking
- Recent changes to Stephen Avenue Parking