With free street parking after 6 pm and on Sundays, and reduced rates evenings and weekends in parkades, it's a breeze to park downtown (really!)
Downtown Parking is Cheap. And Easy.
We are not even kidding you.
Click here to search for parking downtown
Update: certain ParkPlus zones in the downtown core are now in effect starting as early as 7am. Previously these zones started at 9am, so please be aware of recently updated signage when parking to ensure you are abiding by all restrictions. Read our new Downtown Calgary Parking Changes blog post for more details.
Downtown Calgary has parking for every budget – you just have to time it right. Avoid corporate business hours and you can park cheap or free. Spots are easy to find on evenings and weekends too.
Some options are:
- Free street parking after 6:00pm every day
- Free street parking on Sundays (all day) at over 3,000 spots
- $5 flat rate evening rate at Arts Commons (formerly EPCOR Centre)
- Lower evening rates from as little as $2.00 in parkades and surface lots, starting at 6:00 pm on weekdays
- $8 lunch deal plus $3 evenings and weekend underground parking at Eau Claire Market
- Discount available for smaller vehicles
- Car2Go vehicles park in ParkPlus stalls for no additional cost (included in Car2Go membership fees) [link to rules]
- $5.00 Fridays starting at 11am at select CPA Lots
- Free Valet Parking at the CORE Shopping Centre
- Cheap weekday rates at the Telus Convention Centre Parkade. $6/hr or $20 max for the day.
- Cheap Parking in Downtown Calgary blog post
- 8 things you didn't know about parking in Downtown Calgary blog post
- Park at The CORE: Free parking for 3 hours after 4pm on weekdays and all day Saturday and Sunday. A flat rate of $2 applies after.
- Park at Banker's Hall: $2 flat rate starting at 6pm on weekdays and all day Saturday and Sunday.
- Park at the Bay: Parking available at the Bow Parkade. $3 flat rate starting at 5pm on weekdays and all day Saturday and Sunday.
- Park at Eighth Avenue Place: $2 flat rate starting at 6pm on weekdays and all day Saturday and Sunday.
- Park at the Bow Tower: Open 6am to 9pm Monday-Friday and 8am-4:30pm weekends and holidays.
- Park For Less with the CPA: Low evenings and weekend rates, as well as free on-street parking after 6pm Monday through Saturday (free on Sundays and holidays).
- Theatre Calgary parking at the Hyatt Regency: Present your ticket to a Theatre Calgary show and receive complimentary parking at the Hyatt upon a purchase at Thomsons Restaurant.
- Discover ParkPlus: Information on the CPA's ParkPlus system.
- Snow Route Parking Ban Information
- Business Directory
- Calgary Parking Authority (CPA)
- Standard Parking
- Recent changes to Stephen Avenue Parking