From the ethereal strings and brassy horns of the orchestra, to the booming beats of the latest DJs and everything in between. Downtown Calgary has music covered.
Come downtown to experience a wide variety of buskers and outdoor music festivals. A few of the festivals to look forward to are the Sled Island Music Festival (June), Calgary International Folk Festival (July), Calgary International Blues Festival (August).
Downtown Calgary also has an eclectic variety of location for live music from Jazz at WINE-OHS, live bands in the basement of the Palomino to DJ events at Flames Central. You can also catch the occasional rock show at the Royal Canadian Legion, or if classical is more your style be sure to visit the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra.
Stephen Avenue Walk #IAMDOWNTOWN Summer Stage
The #IAMDOWNTOWN stage is back on Stephen Avenue. Join us over the noon hour for some great local talent, as well as some future superstars! All shows start at 12:00 pm unless otherwise noted. All performances will be at on the 100 East block of Stephen Avenue (8th ave) between Milestones Restaurant and the Telus Convention Centre, unless otherwise noted.
- June 10th - Samantha Savage Smith presented by Sled Island
- June 11th - Hello Moth presented by Sled Island
- June 12th - Talisman Energy Choir
- June 17th - Matt Masters
- June 18th - Loose Moose Theatre as a part of the Pop-Up Picnic Comedy Hour
- June 20th - The Wellington Folk
- June 21st - Johnny Summer's Little Big Band (starts at 1:30pm)
- June 24th - Kristian Alexandrov
- June 25th - Tim Williams
- June 27th - Wildflower
- June 28th - Jason Hastie and the Alibi (starts at 1:30pm)
- July 1st - Canada Day - Various performers from 11 am to 4 pm (Stage located under the Tree sculptures at 8th avenue & 3rd Street SW)
If you or your band would like to perform on the Stephen Avenue stage, click here for more info.