As a part of its clean and safe initiative, the Calgary Downtown Association (CDA) runs the Hospitality Outreach Safety Team (HOST) to act as downtown ambassadors for both tourists and locals alike.
HOSTs help visitors navigate through the downtown core and act as a source of information for shops, restaurants, directions to parking, transit and special events and attractions.
Our approachable team tackles issues around safety, is trained in basic first aid, and directs patrons around the area's festivals and events. They're always prepared to assist visitors in the downtown core. Just look for white cowboy hats, red jackets and a sunny disposition.
The HOSTs primary focus is to:
- Provide superior customer service
- Advocate for the improvement and enhancement of downtown's appearance and safety
- Actively help with festivals; setting up, giving directions
- Report and/or clean up litter
- Report unsafe conditions
- Have knowledge of the downtown core
- Act as another set of eyes and ears for general safety of downtown
The HOST program operates from mid May to the end of August, and is a great opportunity for post-secondary students.